YOU MUST TRY THESE!
This recipe is from Gwyneth Paltrow’s Recipe Book, It’s All Good.
I make a batch of these for race weekends, picnics and for visiting friends.
They are super-easy to prepare, require no cooking and you don’t need any measuring scales or culinary skills to make them.
Jam-packed full of protein, good fats and energy, these delicious, easy to digest bars tick all the fitness and nutrition boxes, plus taste delicious.
I have moderated the original recipe slightly to fit into my fitness and nutrition conscious lifestyle.
You will need:
Small Baking Tin
1 ½ cups Cashew Nuts
¼ cup Sunflower Seeds
¼ cup Chia Seeds
1 ½ cups Pitted Dates
½ cup Almond Butter or Peanut Butter
½ Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
½ Maple Syrup or Honey
1 cup Dried Coconut
½ teaspoon Almond Extract
Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Butter or Nutella (optional)
- Grind the cashew nuts, sunflower seeds and chia seeds in the food processor until very fine
- Add the dates, nut butter, maple syrup, coconut flour, dried coconut, almond extract and pulse until the mixture is a sticky ball
- Line a small baking tin with greaseproof paper and press the cashew mixture down (make sure to get in the corners)
- Refrigerate the mixture for 6 – 8 hours or until firm.
- Lift the bars out of the tin using the greaseproof paper and cut in to rectangles.
Store in an airtight container.
I can usually be found about an hour after making them, delving into the fridge to ‘test’ my bars……
As an extra special treat, you can spread Dark Chocolate Roasted Hazelnut Butter or Nutella on the top – but please beware…… This is almost too good!!!!!!!!!!
On day trips, adventures and endurance event, I cut the bar in to small squares and store in small zip top food bags. This makes them air and water tight, and means I only carry an empty food bag instead od lunchbox once I have eaten them. Also, if you are unable to wash your hands, the bars can be eaten straight from the bag without touching them.
If you run out of cashew, you can use another kind of nut. The recipe is fairly flexible so if you run out of something, or the measurements are slightly off, they will always taste pretty good.
Happy Eating x
For £5 off your Bulk Powders order, use promo code LTON40 at the checkout : )