Many of you may have seen me necking a shot of bright orange lumpy slime most mornings on my Instagram stories.
I’m amused by how many people A). find it entertaining and B). want the recipe. Well here you are you delicious people.
(PLEASE NOTE: You do realise by reading this you have entered into a non-verbal agreement with me to do this shot every morning for a week? You’re welcome!)
I altered the original recipe because I couldn’t get the measurements to stack up and ended up with a whole glass full of the concoction!
Maybe I was being dumb. See picture next door —–>
WAY TO GO ME THOUGH! I drank the lot, admittedly over 3 sittings but decided afterwards, it was too much for one day.
I also wanted to take away the juice option (unhealthy) and add ginger (even more health-giving properties).
1 tbsp dried turmeric
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
A generous (!!!) pinch of cayenne pepper
A generous pinch black pepper
Pinch of clove. (I count a ‘pinch’ as one clove. I bought whole cloves and chopped into a fine powder myself)
1 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Splash of water
Juice of half a lemon
I tend to make a big batch of this, see point 2 below.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a glass with a small whisk or fork
- Down it, slamming glass down in triumph
- Optional: Dramatic reaction on completion. If you don’t react, you haven’t added enough dried stuff – that’s my conclusion anyway.
- Don’t add too much water otherwise it turns into a multi-gulp shot which increases the gag factor.
- See picture: I pre-mix a batch of the dried ingredients in a small lunchbox, about 20-30 shots worth. I do the same with the cider vinegar and olive oil, mixing them in a bottle. This saves time with making it every day. I add a teaspoon of ‘dried stuff’ to a glass, pour in a ‘little wet’ stuff. Give the wet stuff a good shake first, making sure the lid is on tight, then add the juice of half a lemon and a dash of water.
- I would advise doing this shot first thing in the morning when your stomach is empty. That way all the goodness gets to work straight away. Plus it’s a GREAT way to wake up!
- Do NOT exercise heavily an hour or so after this shot. The regurgitated cayenne mixed with stomach acid tends to burn the oesophagus.
- Go organic if you can. My daydreams are filled with an overflowing bank balance and cupboards full of organic food……
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
I had visions of researching all the ingredients, providing you with a detailed description of what each one does. The truth is there are TONNES of articles like that scattered over the internet, so if you are curious then pop over to Mr Google and ask him.
I will, however, do a good compromise and tell you what benefits I have received from doing this shot every morning since October 2017.
In order of what I have noticed:
- Clearer Skin. I suffer from spotty skin from time to time, but since doing this my complexion is clearer.
- Healthy Joints. I workout twice per day and find this shot helps with aches and pains. When I ran a 45-mile ultra marathon on a whim, I believe it helped cure a seriously injured knee in 3 weeks.
- Improved Immune System. I rarely get physically ill (it’s just my noggin that gets poorly). With the powerful ingredients, it keeps my immune system tip-top.
- Increased Circulation, helping hands and feet. Having suffered from Raynaud’s Phenomenon in my twenties, I still tend to get cold hands and feet. The cinnamon, ginger and cayenne helps pump warm blood to them.
- WARNING: For Women Only: (but hey, it might help men, I don’t know…… ) I have a tendency to suffer from an imbalance in the …. *cough…… lady area. OOOH!!! How embarrassing to put this information on the internet! Anyway, since taking this shot, things seem more balanced with regards to that matter. I think because the ingredients have a wealth of health-giving properties. Enough said.
SHOW ME YOUR GAG FACTOR!
— Laura Try (@LTFactor) December 31, 2017
I am not a doctor, dietician, health practitioner or anything similar. I like healthy foods and taking care of my body and write this as a reference. Please take advise from a professional if you have any doubt that this may not be suitable for you i.e. you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, taking medication, you get the gist.
Thanks for reading my post. To get the random stuff I write delivered straight to your inbox as soon as it’s published, go scrolling around this website, find the annoying pop up banner and sign up. That would make me very happy : )
Also, if you enjoy my posts, please consider becoming a patron of work via my Patreon Account. Several people are contributing a small amount each month which allows me to spend more time creating content, writing blogs and making videos. Contributions start from as little as $2 per month.
Happy Shotting x